DEFEND THE HOMETOWN
(11-01-2018, 08:03 AM)TheManWithPants Wrote: I agree that the 2 party system is dog shit and needs to go, but majority of the country is infested with retarded NPCs who don't care about any of this shit and feed into whatever crap the media tells them. It's all an uphill battle from here on out.

I personally doubt that the multiparty system is any better since you're just dividing up people into even more groups and creating less consensus on issues, and no one wants a one party system, which will happen if the Democrats keep tripling down and alienating independents.
(11-01-2018, 06:29 PM)Nin Wrote: I personally doubt that the multiparty system is any better since you're just dividing up people into even more groups and creating less consensus on issues, and no one wants a one party system, which will happen if the Democrats keep tripling down and alienating independents.

A multiparty system doesn't create less consensus, because that consensus is not there in the first place. The two-party system creates artificial consensus and requires you to support things you don't agree with when they're presented alongside more important things you do.

A multiparty system (at least in its ideal form) allows you to vote for the parties that address specifically the issues that you feel are important; combined with a decent voting system (i.e. not FPTP) it means you vote more for ideas than for people.
Yeah, if you want to really see how bad a dual party system fucks over everyone, just look at the never trumper republicans, or the bernie bros.
It just fucks everyone.