DEFEND THE HOMETOWN
So no one's surprised here Sony's screwed Senran.  This post is a deposit of two things: info & ideas.  Need a clear-cut place to put things since imageboards lose things easy, and I don't post to Reddit consistently.

First item of business: Letter writing.  Will be looking for others but some good people on the aforementioned image boards got us some contacts:

https://www.sony.com/en_us/SCA/contacts/overview.html
Aram Jabbari - Sony Public Relations (Aram_Jabbari@playstation.sony.com)

Julie Wenzel - Sr. Manager, Community Relations (SELCommunityAffairs@am.sony.com)

I think most of us have done this walk as to be able to do it in our sleep by now.  Points of interests

- This isn't a fight bad localization issue, it's fighting straightfoward poor policy that effects vibrant demographics. 
- To that end, if you were getting the game and this recent bout of fuckitry turned you off, Mail & CC those two persons and do a short (two paragraphs) letter.  Your words, polite: "This policy is bollucks thanks to OLZ and SKBR, and because it's bullocks I'm taking my money to [Steam]"

If you don't want to do that, please spread it.  We all know easily the more people do this, the more bricks Sony's going to poop at the backlash. 

If they don't recant this policy, then the business should rightfully go elsewhere.
The most straight forward thing would be to somehow convince normalfags to stop supporting Sony enough to have a dent in profits. Unfortunately those people are fucking retarded and will look for any excuse to gobble up the same Sony template third person movie experience over and over again.

RIP titty games on PS4.
(10-14-2018, 03:11 AM)Kro Wrote: The most straight forward thing would be to somehow convince normalfags to stop supporting Sony enough to have a dent in profits. Unfortunately those people are fucking retarded and will look for any excuse to gobble up the same Sony template third person movie experience over and over again.

RIP titty games on PS4.

They don't play these kind of games anyway. It's easier to just convince people to not buy Senran on PS4.
Exactly. This isn't TD, in which we had to convince a massive & ignorant audience why picking up FE:Fates was a bad move. This can start instead by just convincing the already-present SK fans (who are already quite pissed) that it's not a good idea ot put money down on this shitty censorship.

Focus on the people that are going to matter. We don't need to sales pitch a thing, otherwise.
I've heard Sony has been notorious over the years for having absolutely shit-tier customer service. If your account gets hacked, it takes months for you to get your account back, and you're locked out of the games you paid for, if you went with Digital-only titles.

Wouldn't surprise me if they doubled-down on this shit and just call folks who play anime tiddy games sexist bigots and/or pedophiles. (((Gaming Journalists))) playing this as something positive isn't helping, either.

PC really is the last stand for gaming, at this point, but even then, we have to occasionally deal with shit ports and Denuvo DRM that makes sure you don't own the games you paid for.

I'd almost say we need another GamerGate, but the last one ended up being a total shitshow.
Careful now. If you sperge hard, or get too aggressive with people that are on the fence about it your efforts will just have the opposite effect of what you want.
(10-14-2018, 04:30 AM)DDD-kun Wrote: Exactly.  This isn't TD, in which we had to convince a massive & ignorant audience why picking up FE:Fates was a bad move.  This can start instead by just convincing the already-present SK fans (who are already quite pissed) that it's not a good idea ot put money down on this shitty censorship.

Focus on the people that are going to matter.  We don't need to sales pitch a thing, otherwise.

You're both missing the point. Senran doesn't even sell well enough to warrant Sony caring about the loss of sales and money from the licensing. In order to hit their wallets hard enough you'd seriously have to go after first party titles that normalfags eat up.
That's bait, Kro. The average person being livid over Battlefront 2 will take one glimpse at SK and the like, scream "haha titties!" or "ew titties!", or "pedo!", and then just like GG, we have a disruptive narrative on our hand actively looking to bury the message. The fight doesn't need to be that big. The profit you're calling small is also consistent, as in money in the bank every time, and something SCEA and SCEJ sets their watch to. If that money goes missing or drops, there will be an unfavorable reaction. Just ask NISA and Ys VIII when Falcom's fans went to town on them.

At the least, this is not the stage where "overbearing numbers" will matter. Just that everyone that's relevant needs to party up and do their thing. Send in those letters and prepped for Sony to tell us all "no". And, if so, then watch as a guaranteed revenue vanishes into thin air while their competitors suddenly get a raise in their own.
Fucking hell, you don't have to believe me. It's already bloody happened.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/105...9741015040

Either by tonight or tomorrow, you can guarantee Waypoint, Kotaku, and Polygon will also jump this bandwagon and call the censorship of "child molesting images" good move on Sony's part, thus turning the unknowing populace against us and fucking XSEED's image even more.
So I'm pretty sure asking a Playstation Tech Support account is pointless. Doubt the people running it know much more about these new policies than we do, but these are some really bad answers. Really should have just said "That information isn't within my department's knowledge." or something. This is just pissing people off more.

https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK/status/1051805607408410625
I don't have enough alcohol handy to weather this shitstorm that's brewing.
Welp, Tom left Xseed. It seems to be unrelated to this and planned for a while, but RIP XSEED nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/wyrdwad_tom/status/1...7048079360
Hope you guys have been learning Japanese, since Senran Kagura is practically dead in the west after that. I bet the other employees can't wait to get their censorous hands all over that icky anime trash.
(10-26-2018, 06:58 PM)Nin Wrote: Welp, Tom left Xseed. It seems to be unrelated to this and planned for a while, but RIP XSEED nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/wyrdwad_tom/status/1...7048079360

Apparently today was also Hatsuu's (I believe she was the one that handled the Kiseki localizations) last day with XSEED.
https://twitter.com/eldarmark/status/105...7124450304

>Damn people are complaining about censorship
>I know! Let's preemptively censor EVERYTHING, even things that will never see the light of day in the US!

Welp, time to buy used Sony shit for the rest of my life, if even that. I am now retroactively glad that the Vita's dead.
Christ, just ditch consoles already.
(10-27-2018, 08:46 PM)Kro Wrote: Christ, just ditch consoles already.

Can't, as long as localizers control the PC market.
[Image: I31JhpS.png]
And given they're going directly to the source to fuck it up, you'll never be guaranteed a uncensored version of a game ever again.
(10-26-2018, 07:13 PM)Narmy Wrote: Hope you guys have been learning Japanese, since Senran Kagura is practically dead in the west after that. I bet the other employees can't wait to get their censorous hands all over that icky anime trash.

Learning Japanese won't do any good if the Japanese are being forced to censor themselves too. Sony's fucking over EVERYONE. Marvelous better move their anime tiddy games like SK to PC and Switch at this rate. I fear SK 7even's gonna get hit with censorship hard on PS4 in all regions now. The only reason Burst Re:Newal didn't get censored over there was only because it came out before Sony started changing their policies worldwide. Also Burst Re:Newal will supposedly still be uncensored on PC.

This whole damn situation is just one big shit-show.

(10-28-2018, 02:36 AM)Narmy Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 08:46 PM)Kro Wrote: Christ, just ditch consoles already.

Can't, as long as localizers control the PC market.
[Image: I31JhpS.png]

That depends on the game, tbh. Idea Factory has been adding Japanese text and UI to their PC ports as of last year, IIRC, and it seems all ports they handle include it now. Senran Kagura seems to have it too, at least to an extent (JP UI and Audio, but no JP subtitles for some reason). Unfortunately some publishers don't have those features in their PC ports, but there's occasionally mods to restore them that pop up from time to time.
If it makes you feel better, I'll vote for that thing that splits up California into 3 states if it ever makes the ballot. It probably won't go through, but who knows?
(10-29-2018, 02:26 AM)TheManWithPants Wrote: Learning Japanese won't do any good if the Japanese are being forced to censor themselves too. Sony's fucking over EVERYONE. Marvelous better move their anime tiddy games like SK to PC and Switch at this rate. I fear SK 7even's gonna get hit with censorship hard on PS4 in all regions now. The only reason Burst Re:Newal didn't get censored over there was only because it came out before Sony started changing their policies worldwide. Also Burst Re:Newal will supposedly still be uncensored on PC.

I'm saying that XSEED themselves are probably going to censor the games further, regardless of the platform. It's no secret that Tom was the only anti-censorship guy there.
(10-29-2018, 02:57 AM)Nin Wrote: If it makes you feel better, I'll vote for that thing that splits up California into 3 states if it ever makes the ballot. It probably won't go through, but who knows?

That might be a double-edged sword. If that happens, California might turn into 2 Blue States and 1 Red State (or, worst case scenario, 3 Blue states), giving more Electoral votes to the Dems in future elections. If it were 2 Red States, though, things might turn out better.

(10-29-2018, 04:09 AM)Narmy Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 02:26 AM)TheManWithPants Wrote: Learning Japanese won't do any good if the Japanese are being forced to censor themselves too. Sony's fucking over EVERYONE. Marvelous better move their anime tiddy games like SK to PC and Switch at this rate. I fear SK 7even's gonna get hit with censorship hard on PS4 in all regions now. The only reason Burst Re:Newal didn't get censored over there was only because it came out before Sony started changing their policies worldwide. Also Burst Re:Newal will supposedly still be uncensored on PC.

I'm saying that XSEED themselves are probably going to censor the games further, regardless of the platform. It's no secret that Tom was the only anti-censorship guy there.

This is true, but it doesn't change the fact that Japan themselves will have to censor their shit now too if they make games for Sony platforms. So basically Japan is fucked on Sony platforms (and possibly other platforms too, depending on how lazy the Japanese devs are), the west is extra fucked everywhere. If XSEED cucks out going forward, and they most likely will, I'll stop buying their products (I didn't buy much of their games to begin with, tbh).
I saw a breakdown of voting demographics for the proposed 3 state system. If I remember right, 2 of the proposed states would lean GOP and 1 would lean Dem, giving 4 senate seats for Republicans to 2 for Dems, but the Dem state would have a much higher population and therefore the lion's share of House seats.
Essentially most of the blue shit is centered in the bay area, (LA, hollywood, and san fran) type areas. If it were split into three, there'd essentially be 2 red and 1 blue. The blue would most likely have more electoral votes than the other two combined, but it's california votes still going red so it's a win.

But you know what would really help? If faggots quit voting democrat or republican.
I agree that the 2 party system is dog shit and needs to go, but majority of the country is infested with retarded NPCs who don't care about any of this shit and feed into whatever crap the media tells them. It's all an uphill battle from here on out.