Attack on Gambling
Dutch gave Valve 60 days to clean their shit.  They failed to comply until the very last minute.  Loot boxes have died in the Dutchland, and very likely the rest of the EU will follow.

Thoughts?  Me I'm fucking celebrating.  This is no war-like victory of course because it just cuts off a blatantly obvious exploitation of game consumers and forces shitty companies to actually be clever about future exploits.  But if action picks up further this year, it effectively jams the gums on a LOT of business plans for said shit companies in a short-term time period (2 years to 4 years).

(Kro edit: Fixed the embed. Please remember to remove the "https://www." portion of the URL in order for the video to work.)

[video=youtube]youtube.com/watch?v=TmDcs22g8eo[/video]
Boy howdy can the EU go fuck itself to death.
Didn't that ruling only apply to lootboxes that have contents you can sell to other players? Those are actually the ones I have the LEAST problem with. I care about the lootboxes that have conteents I can't get in any way except to buy into their bullshit.
I just want mobileshit to die. It's the cancer killing actual games, since it's so much more profitable with less effort.
Loot boxes, microtransactions, and gacha should all be restricted the same way gambling is IMO.
(06-22-2018, 02:38 AM)Nin Wrote: Loot boxes, microtransactions, and gacha should all be restricted the same way gambling is IMO.

Microtransactions are fine if you know what you're getting, otherwise I agree.
The only law we need is one that promotes euthanizing normalfags. I swear everything is ruined when they support these greedy things and then we get them restricted to the point where everyone suffers for it.
Sadly, killing everyone without self control isn't an option.
(06-22-2018, 03:21 PM)Nin Wrote: Sadly, killing everyone without self control isn't an option.

Isn't it, though?
I'm with the edge lord, let's just make it law and see what happens.
I mean, if we're going to get the law in on it, why not just go full Judge Dredd? You never know, could be pretty fun.
Here in Texas, we have open carry laws for both firearms and swords. If you have a license, you can basically walk around carrying guns and swords like Dante and Nero from Devil May Cry.
Here in Missouri I think we just got ride of our concealed carry laws. So you don't even have to open carry!