GGG got bought out by Tencent
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147313
literally who?
Oh jeez.......
(05-21-2018, 02:10 PM)Narmy Wrote: literally who?

Literally an ARPG that's been around since 2011 and has been getting more popular over the years. It's sitting at like 40 thousand players daily peak.
[Image: se5Z.png]
Ah, yes. Remember Smite? You know, that cancerous MOBA? I think a skin video was posted on this forum in the YT vid section. It was a meme doge skin.

Anyway, long story short, Tencent got involved like 2 or 3 years ago and all of the sudden...lootboxes. Everything lootboxes. Can't go a patch without a new fucking lootbox and 30 new items to put in them. There has literally not been a single direct-purchase skin in the past year and a half, at the least. It's all just fucking lootboxes.

I don't play PoE but I weep for those of you who do.
(05-22-2018, 09:08 AM)Domhnall Wrote: Ah, yes. Remember Smite? You know, that cancerous MOBA? I think a skin video was posted on this forum in the YT vid section. It was a meme doge skin.

Anyway, long story short, Tencent got involved like 2 or 3 years ago and all of the sudden...lootboxes. Everything lootboxes. Can't go a patch without a new fucking lootbox and 30 new items to put in them. There has literally not been a single direct-purchase skin in the past year and a half, at the least. It's all just fucking lootboxes.

I don't play PoE but I weep for those of you who do.

PoE already has lootboxes but nobody cares because it's an ARPG and they kept the game from being pay to win by having these dumb visual cosmetics be the focus of the shop. The bigger issue is that GGG was able to make money that way because people honestly thought they were supporting an indie company. Now that 80% of the money goes straight into the pockets of the chinese overlords, there's zero incentive for anybody to buy them. Just look at the thread linked in the OP and you'll see dozens of pages of people pledging to never support the cosmetic shop or the game in general again. This announcement alone can kill the game even if nothing changes.